* Is a Twitterholic (@mediamum).
* Did a BA with a major in Comms as a Distance Ed student while raising her four wonderful children, graduating in 2005 with a Distinction average. At her graduation her daughter screamed “Go Mum!” from somewhere in the middle of the auditorium. Best. Day. Ever.
* Completed a Grad Dip in Adult Education in 2005, funded by TAFE NSW.
* Is a Masters student and holds a TA appointment at the School of Journalism and Mass Communication at the University of Colorado at Boulder, USA. Would like to follow it at some stage with a PhD – you know, in my spare time .
* Would do anything for her four children (two coming with her to the USA, two chose to stay in their high schools back in Australia).
* Is a start-up widow to the founder of itechne in Australia and scribetribe.us in the USA, @jedwhite, whom she both admires and adores, even though he can’t change a loo roll.
* Is one of the biggest Split Enz/anything Finn fans in the universe. My tagline is part of a lyric from The Devil You Know, a Neil Finn song. (“Hung on a cliff, in search of something big.”)
* Loves competing in flyball (dog sport) and has a dog in Australia, Bryce, that has a national flyball title. I’m looking forward to getting a small dog in the US that can be my new flyball buddy.
* Used to work in the music industry. Started in Australian band management and moved to international touring artists. She’s thanked on Moving Pictures last album.
* Was editor of GAMESTAR magazine, chief sub on Australian Personal Computer magazine, and Deputy Editor on PC User magazine.
* Worked in Public Relations (the dark side) for numerous IT firms in consultancy, inhouse and by freelance.
* Wears many hats, but only has one head.
*Can tie a jelly snake into a knot using only her tongue. Really!
* Dearly wishes she had time to quilt.